VDCO Annual Congress 2021 - SICHT.KONTAKTE
Every year in October, the VDCO holds its annual congress and general meeting. This year in online format and just as interesting, varied and worth seeing as in previous years. The educational congress combines the basics of optometry with advances in research and technical innovations from the industry.
Especially for optometrists and contact lens fitting specialists and those who rely on continuing education with current topics to best advise their clients and patients: SICHT.KONTAKTE2021 offers an entire weekend of first-class continuing education with renowned speakers, moderated by VDCO board members and Maarten Hobé. In addition to numerous lectures by the VDCO on Friday and Saturday, the industry will provide information on science and innovation with technical contributions. The digital exhibition gives you the opportunity to visit and actively contact the VDCO exhibitors.
On Sunday, the IVBS, the VDCO and the ZVA traditionally present themselves jointly on the 'Day of Optometry', which is held with three lectures in the morning. The well-known psychiatrist and neuroscientist Prof. Dr. Dr. Manfred Spitzer from Ulm will speak on the topic of perception illusions.
- Current research results and insights into myopia progression with Prof. Dr. Frank Schaeffel
- Pathological myopia in pictures with Prof. Dr. Jonas Jost
- Survival of the Fitting. Can we Improve Soft Lens Fitting? with Eef van der Worp, PhD
- Remarks on the CLEAR Report 2021 with Prof. James Wolffsohn, PhD, Dr. Heiko Pult and Dr. Stefan Bandlitz
- Binocular competition with Dr Jan Skersvetat
- Dry eye with Stephan Hirschfeld, Hendrik Walther, PhD, FAAO Clinical Scientist and Alex Muentz, PhD FAAO Research Fellow
- The ophthalmological examination and recommendations for athletes with Dr Thomas Katlun and the visual perception of athletes with Dr Nils Schumacher
- Contact lenses in sports: practical information with Max Hofmann
- Fundus assessment and examination by the optometrist with Ralf Bachmann, AAO Fellowship
- Assessment of the tarsal conjunctiva with Reya Kons
- Case quiz with the VDCO Young student representatives on the anterior and posterior segment of the eye
More about the programme and the congress can be found at www.sichtkontakte.de.
In addition, bring your professional knowledge in the field of science up to date. The awarding of the scientific prizes in the field of optometry and contact lens optics of the VDCO will be accompanied by lectures of the prize winners. A digital poster exhibition will be included and the posters will be available for you to view from September onwards at www.sichtkontakte.de. Registered congress participants can take part in the voting for the best poster in the field of contact lens optics "Best Practice and Innovations".
Let us round off the VDCO Annual Conference together on Saturday 9 October. You and your colleagues are invited to a varied and digital evening event in a friendly setting and amusing atmosphere. The online wine tasting of the Alde Gott vintners with live music promises a special end to two interesting days.
To book and see the prices for your wine package, go directly to www.sichtkontakte.de.